Monday, July 13, 2009

Michael Jackson Murdered?

Listening to the news this evening, it was said that one of Michael Jackson's sister's said he was "murdered". I thought that was completely ridiculous. But as I thought more about it, I believe in a way, he was. Of course not on purpose, but inadvertently from doctors that were less than honorable. Who wouldn't give the chance to be the personal physician to the King of Pop! Hopefully many, when they found out what the needs were. Drugs. I told Ron how I felt and he replied that it was still Jackson's choice. Being an addict, I believe that at some point into the addiction, the choice is actually taken away, especially if you have a supplier at hand, any time, any day. Addicts don't like being addicts. They wish they could change. They get so desperate that sometimes they will do whatever it takes to get what their body is SCREAMING for! As I have said before, you find yourself wrapped in chains, and for me, wanting so badly to get help but not able , or I should say, not willing yet, to dig deep within to break free. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinions.

Beware of doctors that over prescribe or continue with refills. I found a doctor that made it too easy. But on the other hand, if he had not, I probably would have kept "shopping" until I found one that did. But on the other hand again (I sound like Tevia in Fiddler on the Roof!) maybe not. I don't know. All speculation.

Was Jackson murdered? I don't know but I do care, as I think this problem will continue to grow and grow and grow until both patients and doctors alike, take more responsibility.

1 comment: