Sunday, July 5, 2009

28 Days..

It has been 28 days today. I haven't been feeling too good but I had 1 quite good day and another OK day last week. I'll take it. The doc put me on prednisone for my swollen joints. It's a great medication in lots of ways, but it has lots of crazy side affects. I'm off it now so I'm hoping I'll see some big improvements this week. With that being said, I was also told that it could take until the end of July to really start noticing big differences, maybe longer.

I am a pretty patient person, but when it comes to me, I am not at all! That will be one thing I will have learned through this process. I can't hurry this at all. I have been doing all I can to eat right and get some kind of exercise, trying to get my body moving and working again. Taking very short strolls in the morning have pushed me to the limit.

Last night I was thinking of some of my runs where I felt like I could have run forever and ever. That was the greatest feeling! I hope I get to enjoy that high again in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Just brought myself up-to-date on your blog and I have only one thing to say to sum up all the thoughts and feelings going through me right now... I am so PROUD to call you my mom! You are the very best in the world and I love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar, I can't wait to go on runs with you! You are going to do it and you will be a stronger better person. Keep at it! This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete