Thursday, August 6, 2009

Relief on it's way?

It seems as though the problem has been my gall bladder all along so I am saying bye bye tomorrow! I am having it taken out. I am going in with high hopes of feeling much better post surgery. I might have surgical pain but that is very do-able compared to what I have been feeling.

There is the issue of pain management afterward. I let my surgeon know the hard work and great strides I have made these almost 9 weeks. I am not about to undo it all now. I could be in some sort of pain for maybe 2 days but no longer, or nothing that OTC's can't handle. I will have Ron close by post surgery as I will be groggy, so that he can yet again emphasize the importance of not prescribing narcotics, or at least not more than 3 or 4 pills, or maybe 2-3. The doc said I would probably need something the first day or two.

I have such high hopes of everything being ssoooooo much better by the end of the month, maybe even working out again. But if this process has taught me anything, it is that I know nothing. I'm just hoping and praying.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a relief to know that you are going to be okay! I am so proud of you! Your courage, integrity, and down right massive will power are so inspiring. I am in awe...truly. I love you dearly and can't wait to see you once you are up and at it again. ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you figured out what was wrong. Good luck with the surgery. If you need help please let me know. Keep moving forward - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete