Monday, August 24, 2009

3 months almost..

Good thing I flushed the rest of the pain pills from surgery as I probably would have taken some last week. That's the way I was feeling. And heaven knows, I was/am hurting. Only when I move though. Every joint in my body is stiff, swollen and sore. But the good news is that I called several rheumatologists on our insurance plan and found one in Logan that can see me in 3 weeks. I will be glad to get started on a treatment plan. I will be glad to get over this hurdle.

It is so interesting how so many things have come to light since getting off pain pills. My life is different than what I imagined at this point. I joke that I was better on pain pills. I sure got a lot more accomplished each day and I felt a heck of a lot better! Not mentally though. Every time I took a pill, I felt bad, guilty even. I knew I was better than that. I knew I deserved better than what I was doing.

I'm glad it will be 3 months next week. I'm glad I have made it this far. And I plan on another 3 months, and 3 more after that, and so on and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment