Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My bucket list..

I woke up this morning ready to tackle the world. I even put my running shoes on. But, my body had other plans. I have started methotrexate, a medicine that was commonly used for chemotherapy, thus many of the chemo side effects. i think that could be my problem today. So, I did what I always do when my body is being stubborn. I took a hot bubble bath.

I sat in the bath, closed my eyes, and went on some wonderful adventures. I dare say that pictures with a camera could not have been more beautiful! I came back to my bubbly retreat and started my new bucket list. Here goes:

1. Make a sanctuary of my master bedroom and bath, simply by just that, simplifying. And painting some soothing colors. (K, maybe more of a goal)
2. Have a private piano recital. I have always wanted to do that.
3. Run, jump, jog, walk, crawl, whatever, however, the St George marathon when I turn 55, 2 more years, with some or all of my children. Can you think of a better way to celebrate? Not me.
4. Learn a foreign language, preferably Italian or French, though Spanish would be more practical. Who cares about practical!
5. Go on an Alaskan cruise, but only if we could go on adventures off the ship for days at a time. Or, just go to Alaska without the cruise.
6. Visit all the beautiful castles in Scotland and Ireland, and visit Lewelyn's grave. I fell in love with the history, especially the incredibly strong and courageous women in the historical novels by Sharon Kaye Penman. You can borrow them if you want. (Thanks Connie!)
7. Go on a biking tour of the New England States, or Canada.
8. Hike to Havasupai.
9. Go skydiving without someone strapped to my back. (Kind of scared for that) I promise to open the shoot Ron!

I think that's a good start for now. I'll add to it later. But I better get busy. I need to go practice the piano.



1 comment: