Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Beautiful Earth!

Day 11! I haven't made it to a day 11 except when I was in rehab, and I must say, I feel better than when I was there. It was a nightmare. Don't get me wrong. I spoke with a dear friend last night who had a a great experience in the same facility.


I went for a walk this morning, quite a strenuous walk, as I was sprinting in a strolling kind of way, as that is all I have energy for. It made me happy. Back in my clear mind, non addicted days, I always loved getting up early in the morning going for runs. Those runs always made me happy as well. OK, true honesty, I didn't love the runs everyday but those days that the endorphins kicked in were great! the natural high!

Back to the walk. I could move to the Northwest and live with Chelsea I've decided, except for one major problem, I love the mountains! So does she BTW. But man, I have love this weather! I love the rain, I love how green it makes everything, I love the thunder and the lightening. I love to hear the children laughing and having so much fun playing in it! I used to love rain as a child as well. I loved the smell of the sidewalks after a rain so I would get down on my knees and lick them so I could taste what I was smelling! I love the sound of lawn mowers and I love the smell of the newly mowed, very green grass! All in all, the world is literally a beautiful place. I hope to see more of it someday, venture out of the greater Salt Lake County Pleasantville area!


Back again to my walk...I loved looking at all the gardens. I love to garden and I love looking at all styles of gardening. There are the very manicured, low maintenance kind with the beautiful shrubs, there are the mixture of both color and shrubs and trees, there are the very neatly planned out kind with the added curbing. I happen to love as much color as possible where there is no pattern whatsoever. I love to have most of the dirt covered in color. I have read lots of books on gardening. The most ultimate to me, that I have seen, is of course the gardens of Temple Square. Their gardens are not in clean neat rows, yet there is a method (of course) to how everything is planted. I try to do that. Can't you tell! I can't. Blah blah blah...I ramble on and on about gardening when my theme was going to be the joys and lessons I learn from my garden. But now I've wasted too much time.

For now, I'm thankful for flowers and that I and they, have made it through another day and some pretty rough weather.

1 comment:

  1. Today is one of those days...clear and warm with no smog.

    ReplyDelete